Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

We're having a baby!!

Yes! That's right... we are having a baby! Our due date is June 19 so we are exactly 8 weeks today! Michael and I are so excited that it's hard to put our feelings into words. We have known since week 4 so it's been very hard to keep this secret! And it's not over yet. :( I can't wait to be able to tell everyone... only a few more weeks and we'll start spreading the news!  Our friends and family that already know have been so amazing and supportive.  If you're reading this, this includes you so Thank You for everything! I've always known that in your toughest times, you find out how much your friends and family really love you. But this has reminded me that in the happiest times, those same people can truly amaze you with  their love and genuine excitement!

We heard the baby's heartbeat on Monday, November 1.  This is a moment we will never forget... this is the moment when it all sets in and becomes totally real! All the anxiety and wonder cleared during that moment and we were filled with joy. For those already-parents out there, you know what I'm referring to... for those who aren't, you have something wonderful to look forward to. We love this baby so much already!
We thought now would be a great time to start a blog to keep everyone updated on the pregnancy process. We... um, I will try to post at least once a week. I know most of you won't be interested in it that often but it's a good way for me to capture everything that's going on. 

Every week, I will include the following things.
Baby's size: RASBERRY; just over 1/2 an inch
Eating habits/cravings: Starving and very nauseated in morning. Protein usually does the trick.... specifically, Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit is my life saver for now! Not very hungry at night. Hamburgers, cereal, frozen yogurt. YUM!
Mood/Energy: Exhausted can not explain this feeling! I've also been very emotional. I tear up over the simplest things. One day this week, I cried 3 times by lunch time. Once over one of my favorite songs I've heard a million times; another over a sweet text message my cousin sent me; and another over the thought of not loving my dog and cat as much when this baby comes. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it right now.
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is November 29. We will be 11 weeks, 1 day.
Major development this week: Your baby will now have eyes, although his eyelids will be closed over them. He will also have arms that bend at the elbows, legs that bend at the knees, and his toes will be forming.
Baby pump picture: to come... maybe! :)

I would like to give Michael a lot of credit! He has been wonderful and supportive. He even told me he would trade bodies with me for a day... only if that could really happen! ha ha
One last thing, we are trying to come up with a nickname for Baby Mitchell until we have a real name... any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. yay!! I'm so excited for y'all. I figured it out in your email.. haha.. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It wasn't that long ago that I went through all of this. Would love to get together with you soon.. Let me know when you have a free night or lunch!
    Love u
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete