Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh Finally! 11 weeks is here and I can spill the beans!

I know, I know... I skipped last week (week 10)! So sorry, but I do have a good excuse! It's called the stomach virus! YUCK! Good news though, I'm all better and actually starting to feel a little normal again! Today, I went for my 11 week check up and met my new doctor, Dr. Emily Johnson. I had to transfer over to her because my gynecologist isn't delivering babies anymore. Anyways, Dr. Johnson was great! She was able to find the baby's heartbeat on the tummy right away with a Doppler machine... heart rate was in 170's! Whew this is already one busy little baby! Can't wait to meet him/her!  Speaking of him/her... lately, a lot of people have been predicting whether we're having a boy or girl! Most think that it's a boy, but I'm still betting it's a girl! Especially after that super high heart rate. We truly don't care either way, all we ask for is a healthy, happy baby.


Baby's size: The baby is the size of a FIG - just over 1 1/2 inches!
Eating habits/cravings: This past week my favorite thing was peppermint chocolate flavored anything... like the Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake from Chick-fil-a... and the Peppermint Mocha Latte from Starbucks! I was also really craving sushi... probably b/c I'm not supposed to have it. We went to Little Tokyo... no need to worry, I ordered all cooked rolls. Not as good as my usual spicy tuna rolls but still delicious. Oh and I did send Michael on his first pregnant run to the grocery store on a Tuesday night at 7 for a pepperoni pizza hot pocket! haha it was sooo good! Sweet guy :)
Mood/Energy: Feeling great! The stomach virus was no fun but only lasted a couple of days. I have energy back for the most part, although I'm still procrastinating a bit on certain tasks. For example, our Christmas tree is up but without a single ornament or light on it... and we may not send Christmas cards this year b/c I haven't picked one. Sad, I know! This is not like me at all but oh well... I'll get back to myself one day.
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is December 27. We will be 15weeks, 1 day. We will then go back at 18 weeks (3rd week in January) to find out the sex of the baby. :)
Major development this week: Your baby is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Baby pump picture: Not yet :) But I have gained 4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

We are so excited to finally be able to share the news with everyone! For those of you who were keeping the secret, thank you so much!
I know yall will be disappointed but I'm a little grateful, I can't think of any crazy, emotional stories to share this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment