Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 weeks! GIRLS vs. BOYS

The big discussion this week... NAMES! But not just names, GIRL NAMES! :) Since we've been to the doctor last week, we can't stop thinking that there's a good chance, there's a baby girl growing in my belly. Ya know, with that heart rate in the 170's, even the doctor said it's probably a girl! So, of course, we do not agree on girl names. Don't get me wrong...we like some of the same names but when it comes to naming your child, you shouldn't just "like" the name. Here's the dilemma: I have a girl name picked out that I absolutely love and Michael just flat out doesn't like it. Sad Face, I know. :( So I guess, you all want to know the name, right? Hmmm.... well, it... is.... GEORGIA. I know... he's crazy for not liking it, right? I love this name for a couple of reasons... 1)It's not the most common baby name in the last decade or hopefully the next decade to come. 2) It reminds me of the south 3) George, as a last name, is a long-time family name.
Michael's reason for not liking it: 1) It's a state.
We went to a wedding over the weekend and we were able to see some of our old college friends that we rarely get to see! :) When we were leaving they were saying bye to Baby Georgia! Sounds to me as if she's already named.
On a better note, if it's a boy, we already have a name picked that we love and agree on! :)


Baby's size: The baby is the size of a LIME - just over 2 inches!
Eating habits/cravings: Nothing too crazy this week... starting to balance out I think. Good food tastes better, bad food tastes worse. Although, as I write this, I am eating Salt & Vinegar potato chips.
Mood/Energy: High level of energy most of the time. If I try to do too much, I'll get exhausted but that's pretty normal.
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is December 27. We will be 15weeks, 1 day. We will then go back at 18 weeks (3rd week in January) to find out the sex of the baby. :)
Major development this week: The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce.
Baby pump picture: Next week

No comments:

Post a Comment