Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 14: Be truly glad; There is wondeful JOY ahead! I Peter 1:6

This week is going to be a great one! And every week thereafter. I've been very, very busy lately! With the Holiday Season here and being out of town for weddings and work events the whole month of December... I haven't had much time to think! But just the past few days, I've had time to slow down and really appreciate all the great things that are going on in my life.
I have the most wonderful husband ever and I know he is going to make the greatest dad. I just love him so much. I'm so happy that we get to share all of this... and that we will be a mommy and daddy in less than 6 months.
I also had the chance to see one of my dearest friends get married this past weekend. It was one of the sweetest wedding ceremonies I've ever had the opportunity to be a part of. Becasue of that, I also got to spend some much needed quality time with far away friends! :)
But most of all, I am so excited and grateful that I get to be a MOM. This whole pregnancy thing hasn't been so pretty for me and I've been really hesitant to truly let it all soak in. But just these past few days, it is starting to become very real. I get very emotional thinking about this sweet baby growing inside of me. Each week, I read the updates and am amazed at what's going on so early. But today, I stopped and thought about where this all started.  At week 4, we found out we were pregnant.  I can remember us standing in our kitchen pouring poppy seeds into our hands because that was the size of our baby And now, to think that it is the size of a lemon. It is such a miracle.

I found this Bible verse a few weeks ago. I read it a lot because it reminds me that this pregnancy is preparing us for something much greater.
I Peter 1:6
Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead.



Baby's size: The baby is the size of a LEMON! About 3 1/2 inches in length and weighs 1 1/2 ounces. This baby has done some growing since last week!
Eating habits/cravings: Everyone keeps asking what I'm craving... and my answer is nothing! I want something different everyday and usually once I eat something I don't want it for a long, long time. I don't really know what I want until I get hungry. And once hunger sets in, it goes from hungry to ravenous in about 2.2 seconds. :)
Mood/Energy: Feeling like myself again besides being sick all the time. I get over morning sickness and a sinus infection sets in! Thank you suppressed immune system. :( I did have a couple of more dizzy spells this past week but nothing too serious.
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is December 27. We will be 15weeks, 1 day. We will then go back at 18 weeks (3rd week in January) for our mid-pregnancy ultra sound. They will tell us what gender the baby is!! They will also check the brain, heart, liver, bladder, spinal cord, etc for anything that looks out of the ordinary. We're praying that everything is A-OK!
Major development this week: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.

No comments:

Post a Comment