Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 15: Doctor's Visit and Christmas Fun

We had our 15 week visit yesterday (Monday, Dec. 27). It went great! I was in and out in an hour... Gotta love when that happens! Dr. Johnson was able to find the baby's heartbeat very quickly... and it's still beating away like crazy. It was in the 160's. She still seems to think that it's a girl b/c of the rapid heartbeat. We'll know for sure in 3 short weeks! Dr. Johnson said she is very happy with my weight gain... at least someone is. :( I've gained 8 pounds so far. I'm not crazy about this because I feel like I'm gaining too quickly but she said it's great. She told me she would like for me to gain 35-40 pounds total! I couldn't help but look at her crazy....but doctor knows best, right? I would also like to note that I feel it's a little unfair that I had to go for my appointment the Monday after Christmas weekend.... I mean who didn't gain a few extra pounds? Haha! Speaking of Christmas, we had a great one! The baby even got a few gifts. My mom bought the baby it's first Bible and a silver rattle. Aunt Jill and Uncle Aubrey bought baby a picture frame for the nursery.
This week I'm finally going shopping for maternity clothes. I can't put it off anymore! I need a good pair of jeans and some work clothes that actually fit. I'm really not excited about this becasue the options are slim to none for cute, good fitting maternity clothes. Oh well!


Baby's size: The baby is the size of an APPLE! About 4 inches in length and weighs 2 1/2 ounces.
Eating habits/cravings: Nothing interesting... I'm loving pizza but who doesn't?
Mood/Energy: Honestly, I'm feeling great! Michael would probably say that I'm a little extra emotional than normal... haha. There is one problem that hit this past week and is infamous about this time in pregnancy... I won't go into details but let's just say it's no fun... and it could very possibly be contributing to an extra pound or two in me. Ugh!
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is January 17. We finally get to find out if it's a boy or girl! WE. CAN'T. WAIT! They will also check all the organs to make sure everything is developing properly. We're praying that everything is A-OK!
Major development this week: She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

No comments:

Post a Comment