Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 13! Hello Second Trimester!

Well, it depends on who you ask! Some say week 13 is second trimester and some say it's week14.For the sake of relief, I'm going to say it's week 13. And if you really think about it... it's the completion of 13 weeks.. and the beginning of the 14th week. I know, I know... I'm getting too technical. Anyways, second trimester, here we come! I'm really looking forward to being LESS sick and having MORE energy! I really can't wait to find out what we're having so that I can actually start shopping for this sweet baby and thinking about a nursery!



Baby's size: The baby is the size of a PEACH! That's right, a GEORGIA peach! :) Almost 3 inches in length and weighs nearly an ounce.
Eating habits/cravings: Nothing interesting... not nearly as hungry as I once was. Pretty much back to one breakfast in the morning.Thank You!  I'm at the point where nothing really sounds appetizing so I just eat to make it through the day.
Mood/Energy: Still have lots of energy... as long as I sleep well that night. I have started feeling very faint and having dizzy spells when standing for too long. I plan on talking to my doctor about this in a couple of weeks, but all the research I've done says that it's pretty normal during this time of pregnancy.The blood flow in your body starts to go more towards the baby around 12 weeks.
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is December 27. We will be 15weeks, 1 day. We will then go back at 18 weeks (3rd week in January) to find out the sex of the baby. :)
Major development this week: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment