Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

22 weeks... almost a foot and a pound!

Georgia is a mover!! Lately this girl has been dancing around in my belly like she's practicing her tumbling skills! Last night, Michael was able to feel her move for the first time! And even better, we were able to SEE her bouncing around in my belly. It was the neatest thing yet. And now, people are telling me that as I get further along, we'll be able to tell if it's a foot or hand or booty! This sweet little girl keeps amazing us!

So, this past week we ordered the glider and ottaman. It's such a relief to get this small task done b/c now we have all the major items (crib, dresser, glider, etc.) picked out and purchased! It's not all in yet but should be in the next few weeks. Now, I can concentrate on the bedding and making it all come together. I also finally took a leap of faith and ordered the bumper. I say this b/c I have been very indecisive. I figured I would go ahead and have the bumper made and maybe that will help me decide what I want for the skirt... And then once that is done, the rest will come together. Anyways, we chose a pale pink linen for the bumper (front & back). It will have a 2" ivory linen ruffle at the top and 3" large ivory ties. Very classic and it's so pretty!

Oh yeh, our doctor's appt! It went great... still measuring right on. The heart rate ranged from 140's to 160's depending on her level of movement.



Baby's size: 11 inches, the length of a spaghetti squash and 1 pound
Eating habits/cravings: I am loving cherry limeades from Sonic... couldn't get enough of them this past week! In fact, I could have one right now and be a very happy girl.
Mood/Energy: Feeling great still!
Things to look forward to: Or not... our next visit is March 11 (26 weeks) - I have to take the glucose test - YUCK! I've heard it's terrible... but some say it's not so bad. We shall see in 4 weeks!
Also, our trip to the Bahamas has been rescheduled for February 21-26 so we're definitely looking forward to that. Unfortunately, the day before we were suppose to leave, Michael's boss told him that they really needed him at work the next week. At least he's valuable!! :) It all worked out and now we just have one more week to get pumped!
Also, our first baby shower will be March 19. So excited!! We are very blessed with great friends.
Major development this week: Your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment