Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Growing and Going! Week 25

These past couple of weeks have been busy ones... for us and Georgia! Since my last blog post, we have made our trip to the Bahamas and back...we've been back for a week now. :(   It really was the best vacation we've ever been on. We both agree that it was even better than our honeymoon. It was so very relaxing... it was just what we needed to get back into the swing of things. It really seems like one big blur of memories b/c it just flew by.... but that's probably b/c we didn't do much while there. We woke up every morning wehn we wanted to, had breakfast, laid by the pool or on the beach, had lunch, did some walking around, went back to the room and rested, got dressed for dinner, ate dinnner and went to bed... EVERY DAY! There was one day that we took the bus into town. We walked through the straw market, had lunch at a fantastic Greek restaurant, and did a little shopping... we even bought Georgia something! She got her very first tourist t-shirt... it's super cute! It has a popsicle on it and it says "sweetie"... it's black & white and when you get into the sunlight, it's colors come out! Pretty cute... we couldn't not get it for her since this was her first vacation with Mommy & Daddy! I also finished 2 of my baby books while in the Bahamas. I've been dying to read Jenny McCarthy's book, Belly Laughs. It was so cute. Although not very educational, it does make you feel better about all the physical and emotional changes that are happening. I would recommend it... such a short, easy read. The other book I finished was Babywise...I've had a ton of moms tell me to read this. Basiclly, it teaches the importance of putting baby on a schedule: Feed, Wake Time, Nap Time. Repeat! Even if I can't follow it exactly, it will be great to go back and reference some of the good advice in there.

My belly is getting bigger and bigger everyday... and I'm still feeling Georgia move all the time. She really likes to dance around  between 10-11 at night and anytime after I eat. It's still so neat to feel and see her move.


Baby's size: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga. (not my favorite food reference so far)
Eating habits/cravings: Still loving cherry limeades from Sonic! My appetite has increased a little bit over the past couple of weeks.
Mood/Energy: Feeling great still!
Things to look forward to: Our next visit is March 11 (26 weeks) - Glucose Test! Let's hope I don't have gestational diabets. I'm not that worried about it b/c typically I have low blood sugar. After that, I will start going every 2 weeks!
We are finally going to pick up the rest of her furniture this weekend!
Also, our first baby shower will be March 19. So excited!! We are very blessed with great friends.
Major development this week: She's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment